Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Zoo Animals

There are certain times when I want to embrace the littleness of my kids, bask in the joy of their creativity, and jump for joy at their brotherly love.

Like when they play zoo. I LOVE when my kids decide to play zoo together. Honestly, it is one of the cutest things ever.

It started back in London when Tigger was about six months old, just old enough to sit up in Tadpole's crib. It was, in fact, their endlessly fun nanny Michelle who helped create this activity, which is one of the rare activities that has become a tradition amongst them that they still periodically play today.

Zoo involves everyone piling into the crib - currently occupied by Cubby - along with loads of stuffed animals. They goof off, giggle, and generally amuse themselves for upwards of 30 minutes WITHOUT (and this is the kicker) annoying each other and fighting.

Seriously? In those increasingly cramped quarters, they play nicely together without pestering and hitting each other? Usually, yes.

I don't know what it is about their little game, but it's true - they love it, they love each other, and their actions prove it.

And it makes me completely melt with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment