Monday, February 15, 2010

The Great Outdoors

It never ceases to amaze me how much better the boys behave when we are outside.

I can be fully engaged with them, playing and giving them 100% of my attention, and they are having none of it but instead are acting up. Or they can be at each other’s throats fighting and pestering non-stop.

I throw my hands up in the air and shuffle everyone out the back door and see IMMEDIATE improvement. They suddenly are running around, chasing each other, engaging in imaginative play and laughing.

Conversely, it seems that the second we re-enter the house, they are all over each other again – arguing over toys and boppin’ each other on the head.

Which is another reason I am glad we now live in Florida. The weather is so much more conducive to spending lots of time outdoors! And some days, with their wild energy level, I want to completely move outside. It’s a good thing we have a wee bit of acreage.

Their improved outdoor behavior also helps justify major purchases like the playground, patio furniture, and a rockin’ 8-person tent.

Hmmm. This might help in my argument for that outdoor kitchen, too! Yippee!

And it begs the question, how did we ever live in London?!

No comments:

Post a Comment